A new EIP-Agri Focus Group has been created with the participation of PANACEA partnes “Sustainable industrial crops in Europe: new market opportunities and business models which do not replace food production”
In the frame of PANACEA objectives we have a wonderful news concerning the creation of the new EIP-Agri Focus Group titled “Sustainable industrial crops in Europe: new market opportunities and business models which do not replace food production” and the involvement of the following MAGIC/PANACEA partners and collaborators as members:
- (Camelina Company)
Main tasks of this focus group will be:
- Collect practical and inspiring examples and good practices in growing industrial crops in Europe while not replacing food production.
- Identify existing value chains of bio-based materials where farmers have the potential to play a substantial role, through long-term agreements or direct participation, while considering different bio-climatic conditions, agro-ecosystems and forms of cooperation along the chain.
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses of the identified value chains, notably with regard to the diversification of farmers’ incomes and the environmental performance of the holding and of the whole value chain.
- Suggest innovative business models to foster integrated links between production/business/applied research.
- Identify further research needs from practice and possible gaps in technical knowledge.
- Suggest innovative solutions and provide ideas for EIP-AGRI Operational Groups and other innovative projects.
This focus group was achieved thanks to the involvement of both PANACEA and MAGIC partners into EIP-Agri Subgroup of Innovation, where a lot of pressure was made to encourage its creation. More information can be found over the following link:
Congrats and thanks to all these partners for their great commitment.